Visit our prescriptions room where you will be able to find your nearest pharmacies, request or review your medication and register for electronic prescribing.
How to Request a Repeat Prescription
- You may hand in your computer slip or a note with your name, address, DOB and the medication required written clearly.
- In writing, we will post the prescription to you if you enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
Please allow 2 working days for the prescription to be prepared.
We have an arrangement with two local pharmacies who, if requested, will collect prescriptions from the surgery. The medication can then be collected direct from the pharmacy.
Prescription requests cannot be taken over the phone as serious mistakes can happen.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
A new way to get your medicines
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines from.
What does this mean for you?
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive.
If you wish to register for the EPS, please complete the registration form.